
Tonight after dinner, and after Olivia was put to bed, the rest of the family gathered supplies and sat down for some family time. Our visit to the local bookstore had garnished an interest in building castles. So rather than pay $25 dollars for a slick cardboard kit, we took some cardboard and made our own castles from scratch. The kids were really into it, and so was daddy! Tonight we just built the perimeter wall but I think tomorrow will be about building inner walls and people. For being 2 and 3, Xavier and Onica were into this project for an hour. Most kids only have a threshold of 20 minutes max, I was so surprised by their interest. It was exciting to see my hubby so into it too. Apparently he did alot of cardboard creations as a child and just got very creative along with the kids. It was great family time together.
1 comment:
Do I see Handy Mandy in the castle?
The kids look like they are having fun. I think it is great that you are having family time often.
Love ya.
Post a Comment